deduplicating lambda methods

Liam Miller-Cushon cushon at google.com
Tue Mar 27 05:25:20 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 5:25 PM Vicente Romero <vicente.romero at oracle.com>
wrote:

> looks good!

thanks!

> one minor comment:

oops, thanks for the catch. Fixed.

I made a few more small changes since the last webrev:
* There were some failing javac tests:
annotations/typeAnnotations/classfile/InstanceInitializer,
annotations/typeAnnotations/classfile/StaticInitializer,
classfiles/attributes/Synthetic/BridgeMethodsForLambdaTest. The output
looks correct, but the lambda deduplication broke some assertions about the
expected bytecode. I added a flag to those tests to disable the feature for
now.
* I fixed CheckExamples to handle the 'note' diagnostic that was added to
LambdaToMethod.
* I fixed a bug in TreeDiffer involving incorrectly recursing into the
target of break and continue statements, and added another test case.

The tier1 tests are all passing now, and the changeset is attached.