how reliable JMH's results are

Maurizio Cimadamore maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com
Tue Mar 26 15:07:22 UTC 2019

On 26/03/2019 12:38, Vicente Romero wrote:
> the only difference here is the benchmark, the builds used are exactly
> the same, and I think those original data you are referring to have a
> lot of noise, so I would trust more the table I published yesterday

Not sure - it seems to me that after V7 we never had another run which
featured similar 'high' scores for JDK13.

Anyway, if we can't seem to no longer be able to reproduce these
numbers, I think we have to file them under 'anomaly/bogus run'
category. If there was a real issue, I would expect the numbers to have
popped out in some others of your run.

Maurizio