Trust final fields in records

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 09:37:33 UTC 2020

On 12/06/2020 17:56, Brian Goetz wrote:

> If we make this change when records exit preview, this will catch
> maintainers of these frameworks unaware — things will just start
> breaking when their clients use records.  But if we give them a
> grace period (e.g., lock it down in 17), we need to ensure that
> they’ll use that time effectively,

Has this ever happened? What seems to have happened instead is that
people complain bitterly about "access will be disabled in the next
release" warning messages, do nothing, then complain even louder when
access really gets disabled. Maybe I'm gitting jaundiced...

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer