RFR: JDK-8240998: Implement javac changes for deconstruction patterns.

Jan Lahoda jan.lahoda at oracle.com
Thu Mar 19 10:42:32 UTC 2020

Hi Vicente,

On 18. 03. 20 18:29, Vicente Romero wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Shouldn't this patch also modify some of the visitors at javax.lang.model?

With the pattern matching for instanceof in JDK14, we have added
ElementKind.BINDING_VARIABLE, and the deconstruction patterns are using
that as well. Otherwise, the deconstruction patterns shouldn't (I hope)
affect declarations modeled by javax.lang.model? I.e. this only adds a
new form of patterns, which are only specific to expressions, which are
not modeled by javax.lang.model. Updates to the Trees API are part of
the patch.

Thanks,
     Jan