New candidate JEP: 445: Flexible Main Methods and Anonymous Main Classes (Preview)

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Mon Apr 10 18:17:31 UTC 2023

> While I like the idea of making the language more beginner friendly, I
> don't think the proposal in this form is the best way, because it does
> exactly what it claims to want to avoid: It introduces a separate
> beginner's dialect. That is, a form of writing code only to be used by
> beginners and never again.

Since you provide no argument or examples to support your assertion, it is pretty hard to tell where you’ve gone off the trail here.

But your claim that the features here are useful only to beginners and never again is simply incorrect.  If you want to unpack your claim, perhaps we can clarify the disconnect.