New candidate JEP: 447: Statements before super()

Pedro Lamarão pedro.lamarao at prodist.com.br
Wed Apr 19 14:57:03 UTC 2023

Thank to everyone involved for this effort!

In the first fail fast example, the presumably void return type is missing:

    // This logic really belongs in the constructor
    private static verifyPositive(long value) {
        if (value <= 0)
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("non-positive value");
    }

--
Pedro Lamarão
https://www.prodist.com.br

Antes de imprimir esta mensagem e seus anexos, certifique-se que seja
realmente necessário.
Proteger o meio ambiente é nosso dever.
Before printing this e-mail or attachments, be sure it is necessary.
It is in our hands to protect the environment.