Draft JEP on Primitive types in patterns, instanceof, and switch

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Thu Jan 26 13:15:16 UTC 2023

I still think that the semantics proposed for pattern matching on primitive types is useless complexity with the perverse side effect of normalizing the usage of "default" in pattern matching (too many examples of this JEP are using "default") but we already discussed that.

Allowing switching on double and float constants is just wrong.
Rust is actually trying to remove that feature
[ https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/41255 | https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/41255 ]

I see no point to make the same mistake.

Otherwise, the rest is fine.

Rémi