Presentation of new Amber JEPs

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Thu Jun 15 19:06:41 UTC 2023

Figured as much :)

So, the place to start is *not* with a JEP (or worse, with a PR).  It's
not even with a description of the feature you have in mind; it's with a
discussion of a _problem_, and why it is a problem, and why it should be
solved in the language, and only secondarily how the proposed solution
might possibly in some form address the problem.  You'll want to build
mindshare around around why this problem needs is real, and why it needs
to be solved in the language.

This is a very, very high bar, and if you clear it, then you're
basically the first 0% of the way there :)