Typo in the Project Amber page

David Alayachew davidalayachew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:00:05 UTC 2023

I have found the source of the bug and made a pull request here --
https://github.com/openjdk/amber-docs/pull/19

Here is a copy of the commit message explaining the bug.

~~~

Since "2020)" was on its own separate line, markdown interpreted it as a
start of an ordered list. Just like this.

1)
2)
3)

And then when that markdown got converted to HTML, it got converted into a
literal <ol> tag, which stands for Ordered List -
http://html5doctor.com/element-index/#ol

However, in order for an Ordered List to show anything, it must have within
it an <li> tag, which stands for List Item. Since there is no such tag,
HTML treats this as an empty list and shows nothing, resulting in the bug.

Here is a snippet from the literal HTML from this link --
https://openjdk.org/projects/amber/

<li><a href="design-notes/patterns/type-patterns-in-switch">Type Patterns
<ol type="1" start="2020"></ol>
</li>