JEP 445: Unnamed Classes and Instance Main Methods - don not move forward!

Red IO redio.development at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 13:03:53 UTC 2023

I really disagree that this feature is a feature for beginners without
value and "cannot be used once you learn oop properly".
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the feature once you learn oop.
As far as i understood one can have unnamed classes and other normal
classes in the same project. Meaning you can have a file like Programm.java
with the "void main() {}" in it in the root source folder and the packages,
modules and classes besides it.
It also makes scripts much easier to write in Java as one can just create a
file MyScript.java with the main in it and launch it with "java
MyScript.java".
Both use cases have nothing to do with students. Fact is the entry point
doesn't benefit from the class it's declared in. I would say this jep
removes unnecessary restrictions from Java instead of adding unnecessary
features. Java is the only language I know that has such a complicated
entry point. Some languages let you start in the file directly or require
to declare a main, start.. function. But no language but java requires all
this class nonsense for the entry point.

Great regards
RedIODev