Try/Catch DU Exception

Archie Cobbs archie.cobbs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:16:53 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 11:15 AM Maurizio Cimadamore <
maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com> wrote:

> I've been following this thread from afar. To be honest, the cost in terms
> of spec complexity don't seem to be worth the increased expressiveness.

I can't really disagree with that assessment.

This makes for an interesting case study in the limits of amber style
language tweaks. That is, it's a shame it seems, in this case at least, we
can't have all three of: (a) small improvement to developer experience, (b)
small change to specification, and (c) non-hacky change to specification.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs