Spec draft for JEP 302 Lambda Leftovers

Dan Smith daniel.smith at oracle.com
Thu Apr 27 19:47:08 UTC 2017

JEP 302 proposes 3 loosely-related features: unnamed parameters, allowing shadowing within lambdas, and improvements to overload resolution.

http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302

The third feature is still a work in progress, and we may choose not to pursue it. The following spec changes allow for the first two features, unnamed parameters and shadowing within lambdas:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dlsmith/lambda-leftovers.html

There are different ways to treat "_" as a parameter name. The approach I've chosen is to make the name of a parameter an optional property. Parameters without names have no scope, and thus can't conflict with each other.

Thanks,
Dan