enhanced enums - back from the dead?

Maurizio Cimadamore maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com
Mon Dec 10 23:48:48 UTC 2018

Thanks for the data - I guess the takeaway is that, as expected, making
type-checking of raw typing sharper will help migration (e.g. add type
parameters to  existing code that might use some generic signatures
already), but it comes at the cost of some source incompatibility.

If we restrict this only to enums, of course this would be a non-issue;
as you say, enums are non-generic right now, so we have a clean slate
(assuming we're ok with the asymmetry).

Thanks again.
Maurizio