nest syntax alternative

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Wed Feb 20 11:42:49 UTC 2019

----- Mail original -----

I don't get why it's complicated.

For def-site convergence, as you said we need an attribute inside X.class that says that X is inside XY, like the InnerClass attribute.

For the use-site convergence, we should generate classfile of X to be flat i.e. X can be in the source file XY while still being generated as X and not X inside XY. If we don't generate X flat, it will not be compatible to seal an existing interface (it will disrupt the use site).

Rémi