Unexpected compilation error with generic sealed interface

Vicente Romero vicente.romero at oracle.com
Mon Dec 28 18:37:50 UTC 2020

On 12/28/20 11:53 AM, Mark Raynsford wrote:
> On 2020-12-28T11:41:36 -0500
> Vicente Romero <vicente.romero at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I believe this to be the same issue already addressed in [1], which has
>> already been fixed in 16 and should be forward-ported to 17,
> Looks like it, yes! Didn't realize the same code had been submitted
> there.

I have realized that your code is almost the same as the bug I was
referring to but it is not exactly equal. What you are reporting is
another issue, it is great that you have discovered and reported it
while we still have time to fix it in 16. I will file a bug an propose a
fix for it.

> To be clear: The original symptom was an actual compiler crash. Now we
> just get a compilation error ("I<Object> cannot be converted to C"). An
> error is obviously better than a crash, but I don't think this code
> should result in an error at all.

Thanks!
Vicente