String Tapas Redux: Beyond mere string interpolation

Jim Laskey james.laskey at oracle.com
Thu Sep 16 13:28:41 UTC 2021

Amber experts,

Now that JDK 17 has been plated and left the kitchen, we should have a look-see at one of the new menu items Brian and I have had on a slow boil for these last few months; Templated Strings.

Before you start shouting out, "Templated Strings? This isn't what I ordered! The subject said string interpolation!!!", take the time to follow this link https://github.com/openjdk/amber-docs/tree/master/site/design-notes/templated-strings.md. After reading, we hope you'll see that the offering is much better than interpolation meat and potatoes.

Cheers,

-- Jim