<AWT Dev> Portable GUI backends

Roman Kennke roman.kennke at aicas.com
Fri Feb 29 04:26:03 PST 2008

Hi,

(sorry for x-posting, but I think this affects all 3 lists.)

I'd like to point you to my proposal for the OpenJDK Innovators
Challenge, which aims to improve the design of AWT, Java2D and Swing,
such that it is possible to implement new (external) backends for AWT
and Java2D:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/challenge-discuss/2008-February/000045.html

I'd like to hear your opinion on that proposal. The proposal phase ends
on march, 2nd, I will send the final proposal then, so if you have a
good suggestion for improvement, I'd be happy if you could post it today
or tomorrow (in reply to the proposal, not this email please).

Thanks alot and cheers, Roman

--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Roman Kennke, Software Engineer, http://kennke.org
aicas Allerton Interworks Computer Automated Systems GmbH