<AWT Dev> sun.awt.disableMixing

Anthony Petrov Anthony.Petrov at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 15 05:31:09 PDT 2009

On 09/14/2009 06:12 PM, Christopher Deckers wrote:
>> I doubt if either is possible technically: the System.get/setProperty() API
>> does not (and should not) know anything about AWT and its properties.
>
> Yes, but when AWT reads that property (to eventually cache it), finds
> that it is null and decides to enabled HW/LW mixing, it could set the
> property to true. Or am I missing anything?

Frankly speaking, when a getter (especially, an internal one) sets what
it tries reading, that looks wrong. This does not seem to be the right
thing to do.
This looks like a complicated work-around that is difficult to document,
and that might seem useful for a relatively small number of applications.

--
best regards,
Anthony