<AWT Dev> [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review Request for 6879044

Anthony Petrov Anthony.Petrov at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 17 05:38:28 PDT 2009

On 09/17/2009 03:32 PM, Oleg Sukhodolsky wrote:
>>> imho removing dependency on j.u.logging for me looks as strange as
>>> removing
>>> dependency on j.l.Object or java.util.* :)

>>> Perhaps because most application use logging ;)
>>>
>> But in general it is useful for developers only.
>
> Agree, but if the application uses logging (which is disabled of course)
> it anyway initialize the logging and has the same problem as AWT or 2D have now.
>
>> Why end user need it unless it wants to debug/trace?
>
> the end-user doesn't need logging, but application may contain it any way.

The fix simply introduces a lightweight version of the logging facility.
Still, we didn't see any figures demonstrating a possible performance
gain, or memory-usage optimization, or download size reduction. These
would be very interesting to look over.

--
best regards,
Anthony