<AWT Dev> Bug 6913179, FileDialog uses native GTK under Linux: first patch

Peter Zhelezniakov Peter.Zhelezniakov at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 10 06:04:46 PST 2010

Hi Costantino,

Costantino Cerbo wrote:
>> What do you mean by "doesn't start"? Doesn't gtk_main() print out any
>> diagnostic output to stderr? Or does it get invoked at all?
> Unfortunately no diagnostic output is printed to stderr... try yourself...
> I've also init the GLib thread system and call gdk_threads_enter() and
> gdk_threads_leave() but the problem remains.

It worked for me today - i just added minimal code to start a new
thread, and added wrapping to Java_sun_awt_X11_GtkFileDialogPeer_run().
File dialog was shown, and EDT was not blocked. Makes me think i'm
missing something.

Anyway, I attach a patch relative to
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~anthony/7-43-GTKFileDialog-6913179.1/

Please let me know what you think.