<AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> Need reviewer for new regression test

Artem Ananiev artem.ananiev at oracle.com
Thu Sep 23 02:41:27 PDT 2010

Hi, Pavel,

On 9/23/2010 1:29 PM, Pavel Tisnovsky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can anybody please review new regression test which check if JDK does
> not crash nor throws StackOverflowError when window (frame) is
> repeatedly resized. This test check behaviour discussed in bz#6678385
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6678385.
>
> Webrev is available here:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ptisnovs/ResizeCrasher/

as you use Swing classes in the test, please, wrap everything into
invokeLater/invokeAndWait to meet Swing threading requirements.
Everything else looks fine.

BTW, are you able to reproduce the crash using this test in JDK6 (and
JDK7 before 6678385 was integrated)?

> I would like to push this regression test to both OpenJDK6 and OpenJDK7.
> Do I need to have new bug id to push it or could I use 6678385 instead?

I don't think it's possible to commit a new changeset using the same bug
ID, so I'd suggest filing a new one.

> Thank you in advance
> Pavel Tisnovsky

Thanks,