<AWT Dev> A patch so multiple selected files can have different directories.

Matthew Smith melkor at orangepalantir.org
Sat Jan 21 12:13:49 PST 2012

     (2012-01-21) (Matt)

     openjdk/jdk/src/solaris/native/sun/awt/sun_awt_X11_GtkFileDialogPeer.c

     The intent of this patch is to cause the FileDialog to return the
full path
     information when used on gtk+3, where multiple files can be selected
     that have different paths.

     I have been careful about writing these changes, but I do not have
     a build chain setup to compile the native source. The expected behavior
     is that when files are selected from "Recently Used" the
'current_directory'
     is set to NULL. When this happens the returned values will be, the
root
     directory, '/', and the filenames will contain complete path
information.

     Without this patch, the 'current_directory' is set to null. Then
the files returned
     will have the cwd + filename. The consequence is that 'Recent
Files' cannot
     be used with the awt.FileDialog.

     (sunbug=7132194)