<AWT Dev> [8] Review request for 7177173: [macosx] JFrame.setExtendedState(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH) not working as expected in JDK 7

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Wed Jul 4 07:54:25 PDT 2012

Hello,

Please review a fix for http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=7177173 at:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~anthony/8-36-MaximizedBoth-7177173.1/

The bug synopsis may sound misleading: the original problem with
applying the extended state after showing a frame has been resolved a
while back with another fix. The only issue currently left is that the
state is reset when a frame is disposed/hidden, which prevents apps from
tracking the last known state of a window.

With this fix we avoid canceling/reapplying the maximized state to
windows on each showing/hiding operation. Instead we track the state in
the CPlatformWindow instance, and apply it on showing of the window if
the state differs from what shared code expects. The behavior now
matches that of Apple JDK (including handling of the ICONIFIED state).

--
best regards,
Anthony