<AWT Dev> [8] Review request for 7177173: [macosx] JFrame.setExtendedState(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH) not working as expected in JDK 7

Artem Ananiev artem.ananiev at oracle.com
Thu Jul 5 03:46:01 PDT 2012

That's not the clearest code I've ever seen... Is it possible to
refactor it to make easier to review and support? For example, replace
zoom() with two separate methods, maximize() and restore(), or zoom()
and unzoom(), or whatever. Each of those two methods would be no-op, if
the window is already in the required state.

isZoomed() method is not that trivial as well. In each of the two
methods, I would have isUndecorated() condition, and based on the
result, check for "isZoomed" or "normalBounds" field... Something like that.

I would also enhance the test to include both decorated and undecorated
frames.

Thanks,

Artem