<AWT Dev> [7u6] Please review my fix for 7184951: [macosx] Exception at java.awt.datatransfer on headless mode (only in GUI session)

Alexander Zuev alexander.zuev at oracle.com
Mon Jul 23 06:28:10 PDT 2012

On 7/23/12 17:19, Artem Ananiev wrote:

> On 7/23/2012 2:53 PM, Alexander Zuev wrote:
>> Artem,
>>
>> these native methods should not be called according to the logic of the
>> class so we shouldn't safeguard them.
>
> Could you elaborate on that, please?
Sure. The only native method that is not related to drag and drop
functionality
(which can not be instantiated in headless mode anyways) is private
native String formatForIndex(long index);
It is being called from the protected method getNativeForFormat(long
format) which, in turn, being called
by the drag-related methods or from public getters that check the index
to be in the valid borders.
Since we do not register any native-backed flavors in the set this
native method will not be called in headless mode.