<AWT Dev> Request for Review: 7170655 frame size change does not follow label font change

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Tue May 22 12:42:06 PDT 2012

Hi, Jonathan,
It`s strange to me that the component size depends on the sequence of
paint events and I`ve looked deeper. And I`ve found that the main
problem is that XLabelPeer updates its caches (cachedFontMetrics and
oldfont) in the paintPeer(). So when we postpone the paint,
frame.pack()->...->getMinimumSize() uses old caches and when we paint in
a place, getMinimumSize() uses correct values.