<AWT Dev> RFR: 7171653 32-bit cross-compile on 64-bit build host generates 64-bit data for awt/X11 leading to crash

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu May 24 23:20:09 PDT 2012

This is a tweak to the cross-compilation rules in sun/xawt/Makefile to
force correct compilation of the sizers utility.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/7171653/webrev/

webrev is against tl/jdk but I can use a different repo if you prefer.

Now that we use CFLAGS_32/64 in the cross compilation case we no longer
need different cc commands, other than the actual choice of compiler.

Longer term 7153072 will make this fix obsolete but for now we need this
for our new build servers, and I wanted to make sure this only affected
cross-compilation.

Same change will need to go to the 7u train as well.

Thanks,
David