<AWT Dev> [8] Review Request for 8010009 : [macosx] Unable type into online word games on MacOSX

Dmitry Cherepanov dmitry.cherepanov at oracle.com
Tue Apr 2 02:23:52 PDT 2013

Hi Petr,

Looks fine to me, thanks for fixing this.

One comment - perhaps it'd be better to synthesize one UP event.
According to the spec, the Plugin doesn't receive DOWN/UP events
associated with composition - the Plugin receive one DOWN event and
returns kNPEventStartIME to start composition and we should probably
synthesize one UP event for consistency.

And it seems like Glass works the same way - synthesize one UP event
associated with composition:

GlassEmbeddedWindow+Npapi.m (_1dispatchCocoaNpapiTextInputEvent function)

        if ([chars length] == 1) {

Java_com_sun_glass_events_mac_NpapiEvent__1dispatchCocoaNpapiKeyEvent(
                env, jNpapiClass, jPtr,
com_sun_glass_events_mac_NpapiEvent_NPCocoaEventKeyUp,
                0, jText, jText, JNI_FALSE, 0, JNI_FALSE);
        }

Dmitry