<AWT Dev> [8] Review request for CR 8006406: lightweight embedding in other Java UI toolkits

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Tue Feb 12 04:57:30 PST 2013

Hi, Anton.
Notes about implementation:
1 Seems some code was changed for debug simplifications or changes from
previous implementations. It would be good to revert them back. (Ex
/LWComponentPeer.bounds).
2 Probably it would be good to move grab/ungrab implementation from
LWToolkit/WToolkit to SunToolkit? It looks unclear why we need so many
grab/ungrab/grabFocus/ungrabFocus methods with the same implementation
in the different places.
3 I suggest make all methods in LightweightFrame  final if possible.
4 JLightweightFrame.rootPane could be final
5 JLightweightFrame.getGraphics() probably graphics should be
initialized by correct window fonts/background/foreground? Also when you
create backbuffer probably it should be filled by background color? Note
that if transparent images are supported you should be aware about
composite.
6 JLightweightFrame.initInterior you shouldn't dispose graphics.
7 JLightweightFrame.reshape width * height could be changed to width |
height ?
8 JLightweightFrame.reshape you did not flush old backbuffer.