<AWT Dev> [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [8] Review request for 8005607: Recursion in J2DXErrHandler() Causes a Stack Overflow on Linux

Anton Litvinov anton.litvinov at oracle.com
Mon Feb 18 04:04:55 PST 2013

Hello Artem,

Thank you very much for the review of this fix. My responses to your
questions are provided below in the same order, which you defined.

 1. I think that "XErrorHandlerUtil.saved_error" field can surely be
    marked as private, but in this case the corresponding
    "XErrorHandlerUtil.getSavedError" method will be necessary, because
    this field is actively accessed from other classes which set a
    certain instance of XErrorHandler. For example
    "MotifDnDDropTargetProtocol.java", "XDragSourceProtocol.java" and a
    few other classes edited in this fix.
 2. Yes, I completely agree that "XErrorHandlerUtil.getDisplay()" is
    reduntant. This method will be eliminated.

Thank you,
Anton