<AWT Dev> RFR [9] Modular Source Code

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Thu Aug 28 19:36:12 UTC 2014

* All of the awt-related directories (libawt_* and common) include an
unnecessary extra layer, the "sun" directory. It is not needed anymore,

Let's *not* do that. It also affects the destination package.
Remember sun.* is the protected top-level package .. and
people won't always be running in jigsaw mode. Plus
I recently learned that compact profiles need to be informed when
you do something like this.

 >    ./windows/native/libawt/sun/java2d/d3d/D3DShaderGen.c

Is a tool that is run manually when we need to re-generate the shaders.
It is co-located so that can be found easily. It certainly should not be
deleted, nor should it be moved anywhere obscure.

makecube is similar but is I think on a list to consider deletion since
I don't think we need it anymore. But launchers would be the wrong place.

So, yes, decisions on most of these need to be jointly discussed and
reviewed
although some may be better 'owned' by 2d and some by build.

-phil.