<AWT Dev> [7] Review Request: 8032964 When using an HTML data flavor, pasting non-Latin char into an applet the "start and end fragment" surrounds text.

mikhail cherkasov mikhail.cherkasov at oracle.com
Fri Dec 12 15:13:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,

One of our customer faced with the following issue:
8032964 When using an HTML data flavor, pasting non-Latin char into an
applet the "start and end fragment" surrounds text.

I noticed that jdk8 doesn't have this problem, after some investigation
I found the following
fix https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7075105
JDK-7075105 already has backport, but it doesn't really looks like a
backport:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7u/jdk7u-dev/jdk/rev/3f5758dbe3e1

So I made the full backport of it:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcherkas/8032964/webrev.00/

it fixes the problem, also I run datatransfer tests from closed part and
they works fine.

Thanks,
Mikhail.