<AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: 8076264 [macosx] Launching app on MacOSX requires enclosing class

Kumar Srinivasan kumar.x.srinivasan at oracle.com
Fri Apr 10 15:02:59 UTC 2015

and it looks like sun.java.command is no longer exported to Java.

/*
  * inject the -Dsun.java.command pseudo property into the args structure
  * this pseudo property is used in the HotSpot VM to expose the
  * Java class name and arguments to the main method to the VM. The
  * HotSpot VM uses this pseudo property to store the Java class name
  * (or jar file name) and the arguments to the class's main method
  * to the instrumentation memory region. The sun.java.command pseudo
  * property is not exported by HotSpot to the Java layer.
  */

I guess you could get it from the intrumentation or serviceability
layer, that may likely be an additional overhead.

Kumar