<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8077982: GIFLIB upgrade

Alexander Zvegintsev alexander.zvegintsev at oracle.com
Fri Apr 17 18:10:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

please review the fix
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~azvegint/jdk/9/8077982/00/
for the issue

This fix is GIFLIB upgrade to the latest version 5.1.1 [1]

webrev against GIFLIB 5.1.1 available here [2]

Please see some explanations below:

GIFLIB 5.0.0+ supports interlaced images properly,
so we don't need to handle it in splashscreen_gif.c anymore (pass = 4;
npass = 5).

We compile JDK with Microsoft's compilers on Windows, there is no
unistd.h[3] (but Cygwin/MinGW has).

stdbool.h also isn't supported [4]. However I got a lot of strange build
errors on Solaris with included stdbool.h and -std=gnu99.
So it was replaced with own definition of bool.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/giflib/files/giflib-5.1.1.tar.gz/download
[2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~azvegint/jdk/9/8077982/giflib/00/
[3]