<AWT Dev> Same Java app, two platforms: Tab vs. Right arrow for moving to next radio button

Alexander Zvegintsev alexander.zvegintsev at oracle.com
Thu Apr 23 15:16:51 UTC 2015

Hello Jonathan,

I guess that we are speaking about navigating between JRadioButtons in a
same ButtonGroup.
The behavior of JRadioButton was changed in 8u40 by [1]. And it seems
that arrow navigation doesn't
work under GTK L&F. Probably your app was launched under different Look
and Feels(e.g.
on Ubuntu with Metal, on Fedora with GTK L&F).
So you can try to launch it with L&F specified from command line, like:
-Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel

Anyway it doesn't look good, so feel free to file[2] an issue with a
sample code to reproduce.

[2] http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport

Thanks,

Alexander.