<AWT Dev> JDK-8075070 [macosx] system menu bar disabled when using webstart to start

Burk, Bill william.burk at kodak.com
Wed Mar 25 17:01:36 UTC 2015

I don't think it duplicates JDK-8074668 because Java Console message is different and clearly reveals property is considered insecure.

Additional information that may help:

For previous versions of Java, if you include the property apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar for a different OS, such as Windows OS, Java Console gives similar message, property considered insecure
-I think that's always been correct behavior because the property is only useful to Mac OS X

For previous versions of Java, menus will be missing on Mac OS X if you omit the property apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar
-Because property enables menus, leaving it out or ignoring the property takes away those menus.

Regards,

Bill