<AWT Dev> JDK-8075070 [macosx] system menu bar disabled when using webstart to start

Burk, Bill william.burk at kodak.com
Mon Mar 30 21:41:52 UTC 2015

FYI the fix for 8074668 did not resolve this issue.

Downloaded Java 8 Update 60 from https://jdk8.java.net/download.html

Java Console still shows "Insecure property" and our main symptom (Mac menus are missing) still occurs.

Mac OS X 10.9.3
Java Web Start 11.60.2.08
Using JRE version 1.8.0_60-ea-b08 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
WARNING: the jnlp file is invalid and will be blocked in a future release.
Exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 17; columnNumber: 194; The reference to entity "SessionId" must end with the ';' delimiter.
Insecure property: (apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar, true) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.

Regards,

Bill