<AWT Dev> [9, 8] Review request for 8081485: EDT auto shutdown is broken in case of new event queue usage

Anton Litvinov anton.litvinov at oracle.com
Thu Sep 3 15:39:54 UTC 2015

Hello Sergey and Artem,

After Anton Nashatyrev left the organization, I was assigned to this bug
to complete work on it. Though Sergey approved the 1st version of the
fix, the second approval was not received, and the fix was not
integrated into "jdk9/client". Today I have compiled "jdk9/client" with
the 1st version of the fix for all supported platforms and:

1. Verified using the manual test case from the bug description that
*the fix resolves the bug*.
2. Found out that *the regression test "EventQueuePushAutoshutdown.sh"*
from the fix *always fails on OS X* with the message:

     "Unrecognized system!  Darwin"

because the shell script expects only "SunOS", "Linux", "CYGWIN*",
"Windows_*" versions of OS and does not execute the test on OS X.
Therefore the 2nd version of the fix resolving this issue was created.

Could you please review the 2nd version of the fix.

Webrev (2nd version of the fix):
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alitvinov/8081485/webrev.01
Webrev (1st version of the fix):
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~anashaty/8081485/webrev.00

The 2nd version of the fix modifies *only the regression test part* of
the fix:

Changes in
"test/java/awt/Toolkit/AutoShutdown/EventQueuePush/EventQueuePushAutoshutdown.java":
- "37     private volatile int status = 2;" - Modifier "volatile" was
added, since the variable is accessed from several threads.
- "28   @author     Anton Nashatyrev : area=toolkit" - This line was added.

Changes in
"test/java/awt/Toolkit/AutoShutdown/EventQueuePush/EventQueuePushAutoshutdown.sh":
- "SunOS", "Linux", "CYGWIN*" were combined in one case of the switch
and "Darwin" was added also to this case.

Thank you,
Anton