<AWT Dev> RFR: 8154269: Remove unused or unnecessary Xm/Xt files and header includes

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Thu Apr 14 21:17:53 UTC 2016

I think it makes sense to remove the typedef of Pixel and directly use
unsigned long since the sole reference to Pixel is in order to prepare
values to pass to XSetForeground which expects "unsigned long".

Updated webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8154269.1/

Boolean is used in about 22 places. over half in Xwindow.c
Probably all of these should all be converted to use "Bool" which
is the Xlib.h definition and indeed often it is used in
conjunction with "True" and "False" which are defined alongside Bool :
#define Bool int
#define Status int
#define True 1
#define False 0

The only potential issue is that this is "int" and Boolean was "char"
but since True and False are ints anyway ..

I also see TRUE and FALSE used which appear like they may come from
src/java.desktop/share/native/common/awt/debug/debug_util.h
but since they are the same that is harmless.

So a follow-on bug could just delete the line
typedef char Boolean
and replace uses of Boolean with Bool.

phil.