<AWT Dev> RFR: 8154269: Remove unused or unnecessary Xm/Xt files and header includes

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Fri Apr 15 17:20:18 UTC 2016

On 04/15/2016 08:41 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> Looks fine then, but mixing of int, jint and short in one method looks
> suspicious.

A little, which is why I said "(as)" fine.

I've double-checked and Intrinsic.h has :
typedef short           Position;   /* Offset from 0 coordinate         */

And the "int tmpx, tmpy" are populated using XTranslateCoordinates().
At an API level that says "int" but the X protocol is expressly "INT16"
and I don't think the Xserver will return a value that would cause
anything near an overflow.

BTW I just noticed this :

1090     short x1=0, y1=0, x2=0, y2=0;

1108     x1 = -(x1 + tmpx);
1109     y1 = -(y1 + tmpy);

That seems unnecessarily general but it is harmless.

-phil.