<AWT Dev> Fix for JDK-8074829 : Resolve disabled warnings for libawt_headless

Ajit Ghaisas ajit.ghaisas at oracle.com
Wed Apr 20 11:30:14 UTC 2016

Adding build-dev.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ajit Ghaisas
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:28 PM
To: awt-dev at openjdk.java.net
Subject: <AWT Dev> Fix for JDK-8074829 : Resolve disabled warnings for libawt_headless

Hi,

    Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8074829
    This bug is to remove warning suppressions from makefile and fix the warnings for libawt_headless library.

    I have removed following warning suppressions & fixed the warnings for libawt_headless library.
    DISABLED_WARNINGS_gcc := maybe-uninitialized int-to-pointer-cast
    DISABLED_WARNINGS_solstudio := E_DECLARATION_IN_CODE

    Warning suppression that cannot be removed :
    DISABLED_WARNINGS_solstudio := E_EMPTY_TRANSLATION_UNIT
    This is due to the fact that - jdk/src/java.desktop/share/native/common/java2d/opengl/OGLBlitLoops.c file becomes empty file in case of HEADLESS mode compilation.

    I have run the JPRT build on this fix. It built successfully on all platforms - please see :
    http://scaaa637.us.oracle.com/archive/2016/04/2016-04-20-071524.ajit.client/JobStatus.txt
    Also, I have built it on Windows 7 with Visual Studio 10.

    Request you to review following webrev :
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aghaisas/8074829/webrev.00/

Regards,
Ajit