<AWT Dev> <AWT dev>[9] Review request for 8154434: Open the request focus methods of the java.awt.Component which accept FocusEvent.Cause

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Apr 25 19:33:49 UTC 2016

You will need to convince me of the appropriateness of opening these
methods.
It seems to me that are for the focus system, not for applications.

Why should an application be allowed to say "I would like component X" to
receive focus and tell it the reason is a mouse event" when in fact it
is nothing of the kind.

I would like to hear from others if they see a valid use case and that
there are no
down-sides to mis-use.

-phil.