<AWT Dev> RFR(XS): 8155156: Remove remaining sun.misc.* imports from the jdk repo

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:33:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

can I please have a review for this trivial change:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/2016/8155156/

The fix for "8153737: Unsupported Module" moved sun.misc to the
jdk.unsupported module and removed sun.misc.* imports.

Unfortunately, it forgot to remove the sun.misc.* imports from:

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/nio/ch/AbstractPollSelectorImpl.java
src/java.base/unix/classes/sun/nio/ch/PollSelectorImpl.java

which are only used on AIX. Because the base module doesn't require
jdk.unsupported, this leads to a build error on AIX.

The last remaining sun.misc.* import in

src/java.desktop/unix/classes/sun/awt/X11/XToolkit.java

isn't required any more as well after "8147544: Remove
sun.misc.ManagedLocalsThread from java.desktop" has been pushed. It
doesn't lead to a build error because the java.desktop module still
requires jdk.unsupported, but as the import isn't necessary any more,
I think it's better to remove it as well.

I build and smoke tested on Linux, Solaris and AIX.

Thank you and best regards,
Volker