<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8080729: [macosx] java 7 and 8 JDialogs on multiscreen jump to parent frame on focus

Anton Tarasov anton.tarasov at jetbrains.com
Thu Apr 28 08:40:10 UTC 2016

Hi Dmitry,

Honestly, I don’t clearly understand how it works now.

With A<-B<-C relationship and A,C,B sequence:

1. C is ordered above B (we get: A-C-B)
2. B is ordered above A (we get: B-A-C)

So, C ordering is lost. Or I'm missing something?

Also, can you please clarify the following.

+                    if (focus) {
+                        // Place the child above the owner
+                        [window setLevel:NSFloatingWindowLevel];
+                    } else {
+                        // Place the child to the owner's level
+                        [window setLevel:NSNormalWindowLevel];
Am I right that the reason you place the child to the floating level is because the “main/key” window is there? If so, then the comment is somewhat confusing. You don’t really put the child above the owner with that call. With both the calls you simply put the child to the owner’s level. Is that correct?

And also, if you modify the code further, may be you rename “Childs” in the new methods to “Children” or to “ChildWindows”?

Thanks,
Anton.