<AWT Dev> Review request for 8160570: [mac] modal dialog can skip the activation/focus events

Anton Tarasov anton.tarasov at jetbrains.com
Tue Aug 30 15:18:53 UTC 2016

Hi Semyon,

On 8/29/2016 9:08 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
> On 8/29/2016 8:29 PM, Anton Tarasov wrote:
>
>> Hi Semyon,
>>
>> As I wrote in JIRA, the problem is caused by the fact that a native
>> window (for a modal dialog) is shown before the peer starts to show.
>> (This seems strange, and you can investigate the reason, I’m not aware)
> Maybe because NSWindow.orderFrontRegardless() is called? Why it is
> called on that moment and why the "Regardless" version is used?

Well, I suggest a one-line fix, harmless from my point of view. And I'm
pointing to a problematic spot alongside. I'd love to know why modal
dialogs are shown that way, but I'm afraid there was a hidden reason.
May be it's gone, please investigate it (sorry, I don't have enough
resources to do that at the moment). If you don't mind I'd push the fix
in its current version...

Regards,
Anton.