<AWT Dev> Taking screenshots on x11 composite desktop produce wrong result

Mario Torre neugens at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 16:45:24 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Sergey Bylokhov
<Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi, Mario.
> I assume that it works exactly the same as gtk version? if yes then it will
> be good to change the code in jdk9 as well and remove this dependency?

You mean to remove the dependency on GTK and use the X11 code?

It would make sense to try to avoid loading GTK at all if we don't
need it, so I would prefer this. On the other end, with Wayland
approaching we should move to a platform agnostic toolkit (GTK or find
an alternative).

Eventually, I would like to see (in the long run at least) more
abstraction here, the way everything is mixed up makes things more
complicated.

So bottom line I'm open to make this change, let me know if you would
like me to port this code to JDK9 and remove the current references to
GTK in Robot.c.

Cheers,
Mario