<AWT Dev> RFE: Windows awt FileDialog in JDK9

Artem Ananiev artem.ananiev at oracle.com
Wed Mar 9 09:45:23 UTC 2016

Hi, Hendrik,

as far as I remember, AWT team investigated the new file dialog, when
Vista was released. It looks fine, but there's an issue: it doesn't
provide a way to implement

FileDialog.setFilenameFilter(FilenameFilter filter)

method. The chances are Microsoft has introduced new APIs for it since
then, otherwise this method should be protected with a "isSupported" check.

Thanks,

Artem