<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for JDK-8151787 Unify the HiDPI splash screen image naming convention

Hendrik Schreiber hs at tagtraum.com
Mon May 2 08:24:48 UTC 2016

Hey,

Just looked at the launcher.properties (out of curiosity). Here’s some feedback.

>   87 \    -splash:<imagepath>\n\
>   88 \                  show splash screen with specified image\n\
>   89 \                  HiDPI scaled image is also supported\n\
>   90 \                  For a non scaled image file image.ext below are the scaled image names\n\
>   91 \                  Windows : image.java-scale<dpi-value>.ext e.g.image.java-scale196.ext\n\
>   92 \                  Linux : image.java-scale2x.ext\n\
>   93 \                  Mac : image at 2x.ext also supports image.java-scale2x.ext\n\

I’d remove the space between OS name and colon—unless you line up the colons to improve readability.

The message also seems to imply that the “image.java-scale2x.ext” format is only supported on Linux and and Mac, but not on Windows. Is that the case? (haven’t looked at the impl.)

If it's the case, I’d consider it a bug.

Cheers,

-hendrik