<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8154539 Examine the desktop module's use of sun.misc.SoftCache

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed May 11 21:45:16 UTC 2016

+1 assuming this is really the only use ..

You are updating the module-info and although there is one other class
in there used
by java.desktop that is OK I believe since it is only used from JNI.
Also I will be sending out a webrev for that one soon.

We should some day revisit whether this functionality can be achieved
without this class
but it did not look like there was a direct replacement anywhere.

-phil.