<AWT Dev> <AWT dev>[9] Review request for 8022810: Cannot list all the available display modes on Ubuntu linux in case of two screen devices

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Mon May 30 21:21:19 UTC 2016

On 5/30/2016 8:35 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> On 30.05.16 20:24, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>>> Will all these new display modes be accepted by the
>>> GraphicsDevice.setDisplayMode(dm)? Also please confirm that the new
>>> modes include the mode returned from GraphicsDevice.getDisplayMode().
>> The bug was filed against the getDisplayModes(). The setDisplayModes()
>> will work after the fix in the same way as it worked before, I did not
>> change it.
>
> Before the fix we returned only one mode(which I assume was current)
> and setDisplayMode() was a noop. Is that correct?
No that is not correct. It always returned the correct set of modes if
Xinerama is off. And it returned modes of all available screens for the
screen 0 and nothing for all other screens if Xinerama is on
> After the fix the list of supported modes was changed and
> setDisplayMode() should not throw an exception when some of new modes
> will be set to device. Please confirm that these new modes can be used
> as a parameter to setDisplayMode()(and resolution changed).

setDisplayMode() has been working if Xinerama is off. When Xinerama is
on it could not set some modes for the screen 0 if there were
incompatible modes from other screens in the list, and for all other
screens there were no modes.

--Semyon